MPTV-E Outdoor Display Warranty Terms
For how long after your purchase:
- Twelve (12) months from date of purchase for parts and labor for commercial use, unless your purchase invoice specifically includes a longer warranty period such as a Thirty-Six (36) month extended warranty provision.
What we will do
- At MPM’s discretion, (1) pay an Authorized MPM Service Center for both labor charges and parts to repair the defective display component, or (2) replace your display’s defective component with a new or refurbished/remanufactured equivalent value component. The decision to repair or replace the component will be made solely by MPM. See “How to get service”.
How to get service Please have your original purchase receipt or proof of purchase (bill of sale or receipted invoice) which states that condition of the unit (New, Used, etc.), the unit’s date of purchase, place of purchase and model/serial number ready. The model/serial number information can be found on the back of your unit.
- A representative must troubleshoot your problem over the telephone or through e-mail before receiving service. If it is determined that your unit requires service, the service location will be at the sole discretion of MPM based upon the MPM Limited Warranty Statement.
- At the sole discretion of MPM, display components will either be repaired at an Authorized MPM Service Center or directly exchanged for a new or refurbished/recertified unit. It will be end-user’s responsibility to swap the defective component unless a MPM “On-Site Supplemental Warranty Agreement” has been purchased.
- If repaired at an Authorized MPM Service Center, MPM is not responsible for transportation costs to the Authorized MPM Service Center. However, if Client obtains an RMA from MPM prior to shipment, MPM will pay for return shipping. MPM will provide instructions for packaging and shipping the component. Components and entire units returned without an RMA may be held until End Client obtains an RMA or arranges pre-paid return shipping at MPM’s sole discretion and may be disposed of after 120 days. Components that are improperly packed and damaged during shipping are not covered under your product warranty. • Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice from an Authorized Dealer which is evidence that the product is within the warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty service.
- In the event that a unit is to be replaced, a picture of the back of the unit showing the model and serial number and picture of the issue itself may be required. • PRE-AUTHORIZATION MUST BE OBTAINED BEFORE (1) SENDING ANY PRODUCT TO AN AUTHORIZED MPM SERVICE CENTER, OR (2) OBTAINING ANY ON-SITE REPAIR/REPLACEMENT/ RENTAL SERVICES.
What your warranty does not cover
- A unit sold in “As-Is”, “Used”, “Factory Reconditioned”, “Factory Re-Certified”, or “Refurbished”, condition or with faults.
- Units physically broken during shipment from MPM. Please contact your MPM for assistance.
- Entire Display Units Returned without Authorization from MPM
- Installation and related adjustments, or damage resulting from installation.
- Damage resulting from non-approved installation methods.
- Damage from misuse, abuse, neglect, vandalism, normal wear and tear, cosmetic damage, mishandling, faulty installation, or power line surges.
- Markings or images on the display’s panel resulting from viewing fixed images (including but not limited data or images in fixed screen locations).
- A display that has been modified or incorporated into other products without permission and consultation with MPM.
- A unit purchased or serviced outside the USA or Canada.
- Acts of nature or God, such as but not limited to vehicular accident, flooding, water leakage, or lightning damage.
- Special, incidental or consequential damages.
Pixel Defect Policy
We strive to deliver the highest quality products and use some of the industry’s most advanced manufacturing processes whilst practicing stringent quality control. However, pixel or sub-pixel defects on the PDP / TFT panels used in Plasma- & LCD- displays are sometimes unavoidable. No manufacturer can guarantee that all panels will be free from pixel defects, but MPM guarantees that any Plasma- & LCD- displays with an unacceptable number of defects will be repaired during the warranty period in line with your warranty conditions.
This notice explains the different types of pixel defects and defines the acceptable defect level for the LCD screen. In order to qualify for repair under warranty, the number of pixel defects must exceed a certain level as shown in the reference table. If the LCD screen is within specification a warranty exchange / claim back will be refused. Additionally, because some types or combinations of pixel defects are more noticeable than others, MPM sets even higher quality standards for those.
Bright dot defects appear as pixels or sub-pixels that are always lit or “on”
Black dot defects appear as pixels or sub-pixels that are always dark or “off “
In order to qualify for repair due to pixel defects during the warranty period, a PDP / TFT panel in a MP.TV LCD display must have pixel or sub- pixel defects exceeding the tolerances listed in the following table.
|BRIGHT DOT EFFECT||ACCEPTABLE LEVEL|
|1 lit Pixel||4|
|BLACK DOT EFFECT||ACCEPTABLE LEVEL|
|1 dark pixel||10|
|TOTAL DOT DEFFECTS OF ALL TYPES||12|
LIMITATION OF WARRANTY
THE WARRANTY STATED ABOVE IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. NO VERBAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION GIVEN BY MESSAGE POINT MEDIA, ITS AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE A GUARANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE OR MODIFY THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. MESSAGE POINT MEDIA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITED WARRANTY ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF DELAWARE. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY AND WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE. THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. PLEASE VISIT WWW.MPMEDIA.TV TO VIEW THE MOST CURRENT VERSION.
How State Law relates to this warranty
- Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights that vary from state to state.
Service calls which do not involve defective materials or workmanship are not covered by this warranty. Costs of such service calls are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.